Filed under: News | Tags: holiday shipping guidelines, Pinot Noir, Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving this week, the annual tradition of holiday shopping is already upon us. A few strands of lights are starting to appear, holiday songs are popping up on the radio and Christmas lists are already being made at our home.
If you’re getting your holiday gift-giving plans going, we wanted to make sure you knew our shipping deadlines for Waits-Mast pinot noir.
While it’s too late to have wine sent in time for Thanksgiving, there are a number of retail outlets where you can still pick up a bottle or two. Take a look at our website for a list of stores.
If you are planning to have wine sent to you for the winter holidays via ground delivery, please be mindful of the weather. If there are extremely cold temperatures outside, then we recommend that you either have you wine sent at a different time or expedite your order by using overnight delivery.
If you are trying to ship to have our wine arrive before or by December 25, follow this time line:
|TIMELINE**||Orders Due||Ship Date|
* AZ orders may take longer based upon address
** Timeline shown is in business days from the ship date
*** Orders are due by 12pm pacific
Not sure what to get for that special someone? Here’s a guide to our current releases:
- 2008 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, La Encantada Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills (released in September and we only have about 10 cases left): 92 pts. Wine Enthusiast; well-balanced and integrated with lots of layers that develop over time; wonderful fruity/slightly earthy aroma – a very well-rounded wine. Slightly tart, but smooths out over time; excellent with food and perfect for the holiday meal and all of its spices.
- 2008 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Amber Ridge Vineyard, Russian River Valley (5 cases left): A lush, but balanced pinot noir with blueberry pastry on the nose; all fruit all the time. A little bit of nutmeg on the finish. A great sipper, but also pairs well with dishes with Asian spices.
- 2008 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, Hein Vineyard, Anderson Valley (3 cases left): very earthy/mushroomy nose; if you like da funk, this wine has da funk – more so than when we first released it; flavors are holiday spices: clove, cinnamon, cherry & cranberry.
- 2007 Waits-Mast Pinot Noir, La Encantada Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills (less than 3 cases left): toasty nose, very complex red and dark berry flavors; a hint of eucalyptus on the nose, too; smoothing out and drinking well now; this was awesome with the bacon-cornbread stuffing we made last year for Thanksgiving.
These wines are all available in our webstore. If you’re in the Bay Area or Chicago, you may find them at the retailers listed on our website. Not sure if we ship to your state? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if we can ship to your area.
If you end up serving Waits-Mast to your family and friends for Thanksgiving or during the winter holidays, we’d love to hear your stories (and see your photos) documenting what you drank and what you paired it with. We’ll feature a selection of those stories in a future post.
Sign up on our mailing list for more details and access to special allocations and other news. If you want to get more regular updates from us, become a fan of Waits-Mast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @WaitsMast.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment