Filed under: Events, New releases, Wine bars | Tags: Amber Ridge Vineyard, Bird & Beckett, Canyon Market, Glen Park, Pinot Noir, Red & White wine bar, Russian River Valley, Waits-Mast Family Cellars
Hey! We’re havin’ a party! A Spring release party in Summer. Yes, you read that right. Spring just got away from us, so we decided that it was better late than never to hold a party in honor of our newest Pinot Noir.
So, please join us Sunday, July 11 at our favorite neighborhood wine bar, Red & White in Glen Park, as we celebrate the official launch for the 2008 Waits-Mast Family Cellars Pinot Noir from Amber Ridge Vineyard in Russian River. To read more about the crush and pressing of this wine and see tasting notes and specs, see our blog post from the Spring.
We’re excited to share this wine with you, as it marks our return to the very first vineyard from which we made wine in 2005 and we just got word that it scored a silver medal in the 2010 San Francisco International Wine Competition.
We’ll be pouring our 2008 Amber Ridge Pinot Noir at promotional prices — $12 for a glass and $6 for a taste (half-glass) — during the event and you will also be able to purchase bottles to drink at Red & White or to take home with you. Red + White also has some great food to nosh on with our wine, as well as a unique selection of red, white and sparkling wines by the glass or bottle.
Location: Red & White Wine Bar
Street: 678 Chenery Street (near Diamond) in the Glen Park neighborhood (accessible via BART or MUNI)
City: San Francisco, CA
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2010
Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm PT
View and RSVP to the invite in Facebook.
New to Glen Park? Glen Park is a great little hamlet, tucked within the hills of the southern part of San Francisco. We feel very lucky to live just up the hill from this burgh. Here are a few ideas to make a day of it:
- Take a hike in Glen Canyon, located at the West end of Chenery Street.
- Pick up some sandwiches or cheese for your hike at Canyon Market on Diamond Street, a great local market with everyday and specialty foods (and wines, including ours!)
- Browse away the afternoon and maybe catch some poetry or live music at Bird & Beckett, an amazing independent bookstore located on Chenery Street.
- Cross the street to continue browsing wonderful gifts at Perch and say hi to our friend Zoel.
- Getting hungry? Lots of options. One of the best Neopolitan pizza places in the Bay Area is Gialina. Or get a reservation at Chenery Park, a great upscale neighborhood restaurant with contemporary American food with a Cajun touch.
We hope to see you there! And if you can’t make it to the party, swing by Red + White another time and you should be able to order the Amber Ridge Pinot Noir by the bottle to share with friends at the bar or take home to enjoy with dinner.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment